If you are interested in nutrition, you probably know that many of the B vitamins have "other" names. B7, for example, is also known as Biotin, and it is one of the most important nutrients needed by the body. It is essential to certain nerve functions, digestive functions, metabolism and cardiovascular function. It is also a "coenzyme", which is basically a second enzyme required for a different enzyme to do its work. In the case of Biotin, we need it to properly metabolize glucose, amino and fatty acids. This is why anyone can benefit from a high quality Biotin supplement.
In this article, we are going to delve a bit more into the role of Biotin in the body, who should consider taking Biotin pills, what is in the best Biotin supplement, and even look a bit closely at a recommended option - MIT NUTRA Biotin Pure 5000, offering Biotin in a 5000 mcg strength.
To better understand why a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement would be so beneficial, though, we need to really understand all that Biotin pills might do for the body.
What Does Biotin Do for Your Body?
If you ask the experts about the many benefits of a high quality Biotin supplement, you would hear a long list of answers. They would include:
- It helps the body to convert food into energy, which is also known as metabolism - Used to convert all of the foods and drinks you consume into energy, it targets glucose from carbs and helps you to burn it up. It does the same with amino acids, but directs their energy towards bodily functions, and also with fatty acids, too.
- It can help to regulate blood sugar - When you take Biotin pills, you may see your blood sugar decreased, even if your prescription medications do not work as effectively as you would like. This is due to the Biotin's ability to facilitate insulin - the hormone that tells cells to open up and accept glucose (blood sugar).
- It helps to keep the hair and skin healthy - It is very common for men and women alike to use a premium Biotin supplement to improve their skin, hair and nails. Not only does it improve the strength of the hair and nails, but it also reduces instances of fungal infections, rashes, acne flare ups, and dry or cracked skin, hair or nails.
- It supports the eyes, liver and nervous system - A Biotin supplement is beneficial to cognitive function because it supports the overall health of the nervous system. It plays a key part in nerve signals and neurotransmitter behaviors. It is noted as being helpful to those with cognitive disorders as severe as Alzheimer's.
- It can support a healthier cardiovascular system - By reducing or controlling cholesterol levels, a premium Biotin supplement may increase good cholesterol by lowering bad cholesterol, helping to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It may nurture adrenal and/or thyroid function - These glands are important for almost all bodily function, including sleep, energy, mood, hunger and more. Biotin pills may be able to reduce certain symptoms related to these issues, including sleep loss, weight gain, depression and other symptoms.
- It is a crucial nutrient when a woman is pregnant as it is vital to proper embryonic development and growth.
- It is important in the repairing of tissues and muscle - A Biotin supplement is important if you are a muscle builder, but also if you are simply struggling with aches, pains and inflammation. It helps to restore and rebuild muscle, and you must not be deficient if you are facing any issues related to muscle growth.
While you might also hear many say that Biotin pills are not actually essential because we can obtain what we need from a healthy diet, that is not always the case. It is abundant in foods like eggs, cauliflower, avocado, organ meats, fish, mushrooms, legumes and berries, yet you still have to eat large amounts each day to get what you require.
Certain health issues and lifestyle choices can also necessitate the need for a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement, as well. For example, those who have to take anti-seizure medications may be deficient in Biotin and benefit greatly from a quality Biotin supplement. Those who have to use antibiotics for lengthy periods of time are also at risk for deficiency and can benefit from Biotin pills. People who suffer with malabsorption related to uncontrollable conditions like celiac disease or Crohn's disease can also benefit from a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement.
Because it is a water soluble nutrient, it enters the bloodstream and is passed through the urinary tract if it is unused when present. We do not create reserves, and this is another reason that Biotin pills may be required.
How can you tell if you do not get enough in your daily diet? The most common indicators that you may be deficient and could benefit from a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement include:
- Brittle or thinning hair
- Skin that is very dry and irritated
- Thin or brittle nails
- Low energy or ongoing fatigue
- Muscle pain
- Digestive issues and cramps
- Mood changes
- Cognitive issues
- Nerve damage
However, many people turn to a premium Biotin supplement because their skin, hair and nails are in poor shape. This is one of the most obvious signs of deficiency, and it will take something like a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement to turn things around. After all, experts indicate that it can take at least six months before hair can begin to improve, thicken and look healthier once a regular regimen of high quality Biotin pills begins.
The same applies to skin and nails, and those who use a premium Biotin supplement may even see their grey hair levels stabilize or even be reduced!
Is a Biotin Supplement Right for Everyone?
If you look to experts about the use of a Biotin supplement, you see that people with type 2 diabetes often benefit from the use of Biotin pills because they may be chronically in a Biotin deficit. The same applies for type 1 diabetics and they too can see their blood sugar levels better managed by the Biotin's ability to support better glucose conversion.
What about side effects? The experts tell us that there are both negative and positive side effects to consider. We just learned about the glucose control possible with a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement, but Biotin pills also help those with hypoglycemia and hyperlipidemia.
What about the negatives? In all honesty, a Biotin supplement comes with almost no risk. This is because (as we learned a bit earlier) even a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement is water soluble. That means your body does not have the ability to stockpile it (which could lead to overdose). Instead, whatever unused Biotin remains after your body has used the contents of Biotin pills is passed out in your urine. Interestingly enough, one of the only downsides is that those who take too much of a Biotin supplement may experience false positives for certain thyroid disease tests.
Does it mean you should just begin using a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement? No. As is the case with all supplements, it is ideal to talk with your doctor about it before you begin to use it. Also keep in mind that anyone who consumes raw eggs frequently (such as those who are bodybuilding or following high protein diets) may actually run the risk of a Biotin deficiency. This is because raw egg whites impair absorption and can cause you to become Biotin deficient. Even Biotin pills can make it challenging to overcome a deficiency caused by this dietary choice, and it may be necessary to begin cooking egg whites (both for safety and better nutrient absorption).
Can a Man Take Biotin?
While many women use a Biotin 5000 mcg or Biotin pills to improve the texture, color and condition of the hair, as well as the condition of the skin and nails, men can also safely use a Biotin supplement for the same issues. In fact, experts tell us that higher dose Biotin supplements, such as a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement, are quite common for men struggling with thinning hair or hair loss.
The use of Biotin pills along with a zinc supplement is a very common approach for men who wish to restore hair or improve conditions in the scalp.
And how much is required? Let's take a look at the best Biotin supplement practices to find out…
What's the Best Biotin Supplement?
Medical professionals have determined that there is a very low, even nonexistent risk for a Biotin overdose. Nonetheless, the following daily recommended values are the most commonly suggested to those deficient or simply using a Biotin supplement:
- Adolescents (those aged 14-19) can take 25 mcg
- Adults over 19 should consume 30 mcg
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women will need from 30-35 mcg
Keep in mind that these are the levels of Biotin recommended for daily supplementation. If you are actively using Biotin pills to overcome an issue, such as improving your skin and nails or looking to boost your adrenal function or energy levels, you will want to find a stronger dosage. This is when a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement is ideal.
How Much Biotin Should I Take for My Hair to Grow?
If you are considering a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement or Biotin pills to address problems with your hair or nails, you will have to exceed the dosages expressed above. The experts say that a maintenance dosage of a Biotin supplement is inadequate to hair, skin or nail repair. Instead, most suggest that you use a starting dosage of around 700 to 1000 mcg to begin, but it is perfectly safe and acceptable to go as high as 10,000 mcg per day, as well.
This would mean a twice daily dose of a premium Biotin 5000 mcg supplement. There is almost no risk of trouble with such a dose, and there are no documented side effects, at least not of the negative kind.
One study done on nails and Biotin indicated that at least 2500 mcg per day was essential to improvements, and that those who took this amount twice daily saw less splitting and weakness within six months of beginning their regimen.
So, it works for both men and women and can stimulate new hair growth, slow thinning hair, improve dry and weak hair and restore fingernails (and toe nails) to their best condition.
This means it is now time to consider what makes our suggested Biotin supplement the best available….
Choosing the Very Best Biotin Pills
If you recall, we identified MIT NUTRA Biotin Pure 5000 as our recommended Biotin pills. This was due to several factors. The first is that they are a Biotin 5000 mcg supplement that makes them safe and ideal for any particular need or goal. Should you wish to improve hair or nails, the Biotin 5000 mcg can be used once or twice daily to safely boost your levels and yield results. If you are suffering a deficiency, the same once or twice daily Biotin 5000 mcg supplement can safely restore your health and get you back on track.
Of course, the overall quality of any Biotin pills is vitally important, and the MIT NUTRA Biotin Pure 5000 supplement has a lot to offer. Made in the United States from only the highest quality ingredients, they are manufactured to GMP standards. This means they are third party tested for both potency and purity. They do offer that superior dosage, guaranteeing healthier hair, nails and skin as well as improved cellular energy.
If you believe that your health can benefit from Biotin pills, these Biotin 5000 mcg supplements are the one to choose. Backed by a no limit guarantee, they are from one of the most trusted names in supplements. Dedicated to manufacturing only premium supplements, their Biotin pills ensure you get the results desired.