By now, millions of consumers understand the many different ways that essential oils can be used to improve health and well-being; they even improve the hair and scalp. In fact, regardless of what issues you have with your hair or scalp (or both); it is highly likely that essential oils can help. As is the case with other issues, though, there are the best essential oils for hair, and in this article we will explore a few options and look at some reputable products to use in order to boost the condition and appearance of your hair.
Can something as simple as essential oils actually help with hair or scalp problems. For example, what if you have thin and lifeless hair? There are essential oils that have been shown to boost thickness! Itchy, dry and flaky scalp? Well, there are essential oils that can offer a soothing remedy.
Even more exciting is the fact that the best essential oils for hair are also usually far safer, healthier, and even more effective than chemical laden formulas and products. They cost far less to use and bring with them an array of additional benefits.
Like what? Well, one of the best essential oils for hair is argan oil, and yet it is also a noted anti-aging oil that provides your skin with a radiant glow as it reduces wrinkles, restores natural elasticity and leaves skin softer and plumper. It also combats acne, reduces risks for stretch marks during pregnancy, and is even ideal for dry and cracked feet, hands and nails! Yet, as we said, argan oil is noted as "liquid gold" for its ability to improve the hair.
To better understand the very best essential oils for hair, let's look at those you really want to find in any product you choose to remedy conditions like thin, lifeless, dry, brittle, dull hair as well as flaky and dandruff prone scalps.
The Very Best Essential Oils for Hair
If you were to look up an ideal formula of essential oils to combine in order to improve every facet of your hair, it would include those below. They are the best essential oils for hair, scalp and even facial hair (like beards and mustaches!). Let's look at them one-by-one to understand their specific functions:
- Virgin argan oil - Proven to make your hair softer, shinier and even silkier, it is great as a conditioning agent. It will help those with naturally brittle or frizzy hair, but also work as a wonderful remedy for issues like split ends. This is also why it is a great option for those who style their hair, too. It helps to make it far more manageable and less likely to break, stretch or dry out when using a blow dryer or styling tools. Because it is so beneficial to skin, it is great for anyone with dry, flaky or irritated scalp conditions, and is noted for encouraging healing.
- Pure jojoba oil - This oil is extracted from a nut that grows in many areas of the world. Its texture is similar to that of sebum (an oil that is naturally produced in skin glands), and this makes it very healthy for the skin as a moisturizer, to heal skin conditions like acne or psoriasis, to control oily skin, and to heal dry or cracked skin. Interestingly enough, its similarity to sebum is also a reason it is used to reduce or control hair loss and improve the condition of hair follicles. It is wonderful as a conditioner for dry and frizzy hair and can also keep dandruff and flakes under control.
- Apricot kernel oil - As its name implies, this is oil made from the kernel inside of an apricot. It is a nutrient dense oil that is known for its many vitamins and minerals. Yet, it is also known for its intense moisturizing and softening properties, which include the way it softens and moisturizes hair and scalp. It can be used to treat dermatitis and is a trusted anti-inflammatory, but many people with naturally curly hair rely on it for its high omega-9 content. This is what can hydrate hair, stimulate hair growth, sooth the scalp, and even pull in moisture from the air to ensure that optimal humidity is maintained in the scalp and hair shaft.
- Vitamin E oil - Important in the diet, it is also one of the major vitamins for hair and skin. Noted for being able to stimulate hair growth while adding a lot of shine and luster, it is one of the best essential oils for hair with split ends, it can slow down the pace at which hair goes grey, and improve the scalp.
- Avocado oil - Taken from the pit in the center of the popular fruit, avocado oil has long been known as one of the best essential oils for hair and skin. It is frequently used as a reliable agent for taming frizzy hair, yet it is equally popular for promoting hair growth. Though it is often a base or carrier for essential oil blends (because it is such a light oil), it is perfect as a conditioner or mask that can be left on the hair and washed away after 30 minutes.
- Sweet almond oil - Different than standard almonds, sweet almonds are native to parts of Asia and the Middle East. The oil is often used in massage treatments for its lightness and its pleasant, earthy scent. However, it is also one of the finest hair protecting agents and sealants. It is high in saturated fat and this allows the oil to penetrate the entire hair shaft and offer optimal and light moisturizing. It heals split ends, protects hair as it is styled using heat and other tools, and leaves hair looking silky and shiny.
- Pumpkin seed oil - Taken from those same seeds you might remove from a fresh pumpkin, this oil is noted for its health and wellness properties. With its super high levels of vitamins A, B and K, it also packs a lot of omega-3 fatty acids; making it an amazing oil for the hair. It can stimulate hair growth and slow premature balding, and improves the scalp by maintaining the best level of sebum production.
- Hempseed oil - With so many benefits to human health, it would seem unlikely that hemp seed oil might also improve the hair and scalp, but it does. It is recognized for its ability to seal moisture into the hair and reduce water loss. It also retains moisture in the scalp, and is so light that it does not weight down the hair or leave a greasy residue. The omega oil content in this oil also helps to stimulate hair growth and improve circulation to the scalp. Dry or easily broken hair benefits from it, too as it strengthens the hair and improves its texture.
- Grapeseed oil - Extracted from the seeds of certain grapes, this is one of the best essential oils for hair that is also among the lightest. With a nutty scent, it is super high in natural vitamin E and this means it can improve the overall condition of the hair, boost growth and strengthen your existing hair. It leaves a lovely shine without any greasy residue and is great for moisturizing the scalp and combating dandruff.
This constitutes a realistic list of the best essential oils for hair. Both men and women alike can use these oils to start improving the conditions of the hair and scalp. Before we move onward, though, let's just take a moment to reevaluate just why and what the best essential oils for hair actually do when used together.
- Eliminate dandruff and flakes - If you have ever struggled with dandruff (whether it is seasonal or year-round), you know how disheartening this can be. Around half of the world deals with it, and it is due to a buildup of dead skin or certain conditions on the scalp. Many people worsen it by using chemical shampoos, conditioners and styling formulas. When you use the best essential oils for hair, though, this issue is easily overcome.
- Stimulate growth - The best essential oils for hair are relied on to balance the level of sebum and improve conditions right at the root of each hair follicle. This often slows or stops hair loss and can even encourage some follicles to return to normal function.
- Improve health of hair - You can use chemicals that leave the hair looking shiny, but they wash away quickly. The best essential oils for hair actually improve the health of the hair so that it is always shiny, strong and well conditioned. And the best part is that it prevents oily hair and leaves your hair light, hydrated and full of natural bounce. Split ends are also alleviated by the use of the best essential oils, and your hair is easier to handle.
Using the Best Essential Oils for Hair and Scalp
Now that you have become a bit more familiar with some of the best essential oils for hair, you may have started to worry that you'll have to go out and find good suppliers for each of them. While it is true that high quality oils are available, you may find it costly and challenging to obtain organic and truly beneficial products. That is why those eager to enjoy the many benefits of the best essential oils for hair will want to explore the options from JB NUTRA. Designed for men and women, they offer a perfectly balanced and organic Hair Oil by JB as well as an effective and soothing Beard Oil by JB.
Both products feature the nine best essential oils for hair we have already considered. They use only the purest, organic oils and do not add any fragrances or unnatural scents in order to maintain purity. While you will detect the slightly earthy and nutty scent that is a natural characteristic of the different oils, this actually dissipates quickly as the oils are absorbed by the hair or skin. By using only the finest and best essential oils for hair, they guarantee the fastest results.
While any who use these products will see instant results such as a shine or silkiness to the texture of the hair or beard, prolonged and repeated use will yield even more desirable outcomes. Healthier hair, improved texture, growth may be stimulated and hair will begin to take on a more manageable appearance. Whether you have naturally curly hair that is often frizzy or difficult to manage, or you are growing a beard and want it to remain in good condition, the use of the nine best essential oils for hair is easily done when you use Hair Oil by JB or Beard Oil by JB.
How to Use the Best Essential Oils for Hair with Hair Oil by JB
Nothing could be easier than simply working a small amount of Hair Oil by JB into the tips and shaft of the hair. Though it may take a short time to work the oil from one end to the scalp, it goes on lightly and quickly. Wrap the towel for 30 minutes and rinse away for healthier and more manageable hair. You can do this several times a week, and soon may need just a single, weekly treatment to maintain the results.
How to Use the Best Essential Oils for Hair with Beard Oil by JB
Beards can be difficult to maintain, but with Beard Oil by JB, you can add the best essential oils to both the skin and the hair. You apply a dab of the oil to the palms and then begin working it into the beard. If you keep a longer beard, you work from the skin to the tip of the beard. You won't need to wash it away and it will leave your skin and beard in top condition.
It is not at all difficult to enjoy the benefits of essential oils for the hair and beard. Knowing what you are applying is helpful, going for organic and pure formulas is very wise, and turning to products like those we recommended will add up to the very best outcomes.